Saturday, October 26, 2013

Two Fun Things a Writer Loves

Well, this writer, anyway. I love to interact with both writers and readers. This Saturday, November 2, I get to do both!

  • First, I love to share what I’ve learned with other writers.

At 1:00, I’ll be at the First Evangelical Free Church, 820 N 30th Street, in Colorado Springs, Colorado, speaking to the local ACFW chapter, Worship Write Witness (WWW). I’ve been asked to share my organizational method for keeping things straight that I call The Writer’s Tool Belt. Here’s the description:

tool_belt_37764Have you ever started a craft, gardening, or building project only to discover your tools were somewhere in the shed or lost in the closet? The same problem exists for writers when they spend hours searching for files on their computers. Where is that plotting chart? Where is the synopsis? Where is the chocolate? Kathleen E. Kovach has developed a system to keep everything at a writer’s fingertips using Excel spreadsheet. In Writer’s Tool Belt: Organizing Your Story, she will not only show you how to custom make your own Writer’s Tool Belt, but offer plotting techniques that have worked for her through seven novels.

  • Second, I love to sell my books!

At 5:30, I will be at the Farr Regional Library, 1939 61st Avenue, in Greeley, Colorado, signing Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal and Postmark: Christmas. I will have some older titles, as well. My good buddyTitanic 8x10 photo and writing partner, Paula Moldenhauer, will be there, too. We co-authored Titanic and we were both in the collection of four stories in Postmark.

The event is part of ReadCON, an all day affair for people who like to read and write. Here is their description:Postmark Christmas

ReadCON is a totally new celebration of all the great things about reading and our libraries. Sessions throughout the day will introduce you to new books, new people, and a new side of your library. Become a better writer, put titles on your reading list, hold a successful book club with your friends, try out a new tablet or ereader. Cozy up by our fireplace and meet Mary Doria Russell and Craig Johnson, critically-acclaimed authors who are guaranteed to ignite your passion for both reading and writing. It's a year's worth of library programming in one day, locally-sourced and 100% free to attend. All we need is you, the readers, to make this thing happen. Feed your passion for all things book related at ReadCON. Check back for more event information.

Library: Farr Regional Library
Contact:
Peter Derk
Contact Number: 1-888-861-7323

I hope you can make one or both of these fun things. Of course, I know geographically it’s two hours between the two. But hey, if I can do it, you can do it!

No comments: